Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Grainne Reilly <gr...@attbi.com> on 2002/07/18 20:51:30 UTC

Full Text Indexing

Hi,
I'm a Xindice user and I see that Kimbro has being making lots of changes
to Xindice, ramping up to a version 1.1 release.  Back in April Tom
Bradford checked in some code for full text indexing, is this feature going
to be part of the 1.1 release?  I'm very interested in using a fielded (or
should that be elemented) full text search in my application, so I am
hoping that full text search hasn't been let drop.  Does anyone know the
status on it?
Thanks,
Grainne.

Re: Full Text Indexing

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 11:51  AM, Grainne Reilly wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a Xindice user and I see that Kimbro has being making lots of changes
> to Xindice, ramping up to a version 1.1 release.  Back in April Tom
> Bradford checked in some code for full text indexing, is this feature
> going to be part of the 1.1 release?  I'm very interested in using a
> fielded (or should that be elemented) full text search in my application,
>  so I am hoping that full text search hasn't been let drop.  Does anyone
> know the status on it?

Unfortunately I don't know a detailed status, but I do know it's not
finished and won't be ready for 1.1. I think Tom is pretty busy with other
work right now.

> Thanks,
> Grainne.

Kimbro Staken