Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Aaron Haspel <aa...@eredyne.com> on 2001/05/23 23:40:14 UTC

wildcards in replace

Is there any way to use wildcard characters in the replace task in addition to some combination of properties and string literals?  What I want to do is convert an absolute directory path (say, "/home/aaron", but it could be some path of which I have no advance knowledge) to the last directory in that path ("aaron"), and I'm trying something like this:

<replace "${user.home}" token="**/" />

which fails: "/home/aaron" becomes "home/aaron", nothing is replaced at all.  Is there any way in ant to get what I want?

Thanks for an informative list,
Aaron

Re: wildcards in replace

Posted by Aaron Haspel <aa...@eredyne.com>.
Actually one way to solve my problem is to use the shell string operators, as follows:

<exec executable="echo" >
  <arg line="current_dir=${PWD##/*/}>build.properties" />
</exec>
<property  file="build.properties" />

This will set a property named current_dir to the last directory of the current absolute path.  There is probably a more elegant way to do it, if anyone has suggestions.

Aaron