Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Kevin Hamilton <kh...@umem.org> on 2013/07/17 21:55:49 UTC

Index not working on M12

Hello,

I am working off of M12 and I have a few indexes for some attributes that I
added.

I have a home-made attribute called "uuid" which basically associates a
record to a user's actual entryUUID. the "uuid" attribute is stored as the
string representation of the user's entryUUID. Everything seems to be fine
when the server starts, but when I try to query based on that "uuid"
attribute, it returns nothing. If I get rid of the index for the "uuid"
attribute, it will return searches appropriately. It's quite possible that
I'm doing something stupid. Are my Equality Matching settings incorrect?
Any ideas?

Raw Attribute definition for "uuid" is below:

( 1.23.234.2431.55421.134
NAME 'uuid' DESC 'uuid for each entry'
EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
SINGLE-VALUE USAGE userApplications
X-SCHEMA 'uuid-schema' )

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Index not working on M12

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 7/18/13 2:19 PM, Kevin Hamilton a écrit :
> I am using the following as a base:
> ou=phoneAuth,ou=umemdev,ou=system,dc=umem,dc=org
>
> filter
> (uuid=########-######-######-####-#########)
>
> returning attributes are two other attributes I made.
>
> I made the uuid attribute to act as a foreign key of sorts to link a user
> to a certain other set of records we have.
>
> I just tried to update on my local machine to M14 and reload all data after
> making indexes and it works now. A problem with M12?

Yes. In some cases, when you had some concurrent reads and writes, the
index could be messed up in M12 and M13...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Index not working on M12