Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nanda <hi...@hitechengineer.com> on 2004/06/04 06:46:32 UTC

Re: tomcat worker (node) down

This appears to be a basic issue with using Apache Web Server ->
modjk2 -> Tomcat instances in cluster configuration. A Tomcat
Instance's going down or joining the cluster should not be noticed by
end users. Still wondering if anyone has configured the cluster so
that when a Tomcat Node is still not completely up, Apache Web Server
does not forward requests to it.

Thanks
Nanda

> > Hi!
> >
> > tomcat 4.1.29/apache 2.0.49
> >
> > I have a cluster with Apache Web Server load balancing over three
> > tomcat workers. In the middle of the tests, when one of the tomcat
> > workers was restarted, I noticed even before the server was
brought
> up
> > completely*, Apache forwarded requests to the server, which
resulted
> > in "HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this
> request".
> >
> > * all web applications are completely deployed and ready for
access

> > Is there a configuration option to instruct Apache Web Server to
> > forward requests only after server is started up completely (maybe
> > detecting the status code 200)?
> >
> > regards

---
hiteche@hitechengineer.com