Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2015/08/07 23:58:34 UTC

Validating licenses as a part of the patch process

Guys

as a part of 1.0 I have stepped on a huge number of licensing violations in
the form of missing header files, etc. It is all fixed now both on
branch-1.0 for upcoming 1.0 release and on the master. Because RAT check is
clean now, let's keep it this way. Hence I have added the following to out
patch preparation Wiki page:

Run mvn apache-rat:check to make sure that newly added files do not have any
licensing issues. When in doubt refer to https://www.apache.org/licenses/

I think patch reviewers need to check the correctness of the license headers
as a part of their review routine..

Regards,
  Cos

Re: Validating licenses as a part of the patch process

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
+1 and with Jay.
We can add one dedicate CI job to check RAT nightly on trunk.
I'll do that. It should be an easy task.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Validating licenses as a part of the patch process

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 , also we can do this in CI?

--
jay vyas

Re: Validating licenses as a part of the patch process

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
+1