Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Raul <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/10 17:44:15 UTC

(FTP) DefaultScheduledPollConsumer: Converts a polling consumer into an event-driven consumer instance.

Hello,

I want to create a custom component (Component, EndPoint, Consumer,
Producer..).
This component will create a FTP Route and it will have the control to start
and stop the FTP Route and the business logic too.

The first vesion of my component is a poll Consumer. This solution doesn't
like me because I have a poll (of my custom) and another poll inside (of
FTP)

I have read about "DefaultScheduledPollConsumer", I don't know if I can use
it to create a event-driven componet that listens the file received from FTP
Route.

Anybody has experience with this class? An example?

Thank you.
Raúl

Re: (FTP) DefaultScheduledPollConsumer: Converts a polling consumer into an event-driven consumer instance.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Raul <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I suppose that the event will be produced when the FTP Route receives every
> file.
>
> When I read that I can convert a polling consumer into a event-driven
> consumer with DefaultScheduledPollConsumer I thought it's that I need. But I
> didn't found any example.
>
> I am begining to walk with Camel. I thought that this class,
> DefaultScheduledPollConsumer, converts automatically the consumer. But
> perhaps, it isn't automatically and I have to program the events. Is it?

A scheduled poll consumer, is .. well scheduled. That means you
configured the consumer to trigger every X period.
By default that is every 500 milli seconds.

This kind of consumer is needed if you are not truly event based, but
may want to "simulate" as being event based.
An example is file based consumers. As they run periodically and scan
for new files. This is needed as the file API
does not have any event (yet) being triggered when new files / files
changes etc. Although JDK7 now have API for this,
but Camel is supporting JDK6+.

If you are truly event based, then just use the plain consumer, such
as DefaultConsumer.

> Thank you.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: (FTP) DefaultScheduledPollConsumer: Converts a polling consumer into an event-driven consumer instance.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
What kind of the event that you expect camel to fire for you?

As the FTP service doesn't provide this kind of service for us, we
still need to poll the FTP server from time to time.

On Wed Jan 11 00:44:15 2012, Raul wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to create a custom component (Component, EndPoint, Consumer,
> Producer..).
> This component will create a FTP Route and it will have the control to start
> and stop the FTP Route and the business logic too.
>
> The first vesion of my component is a poll Consumer. This solution doesn't
> like me because I have a poll (of my custom) and another poll inside (of
> FTP)
>
> I have read about "DefaultScheduledPollConsumer", I don't know if I can use
> it to create a event-driven componet that listens the file received from FTP
> Route.
>
> Anybody has experience with this class? An example?
>
> Thank you.
> Raúl

Willem
FuseSource