Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/09 15:03:45 UTC

Re: BulkLoader

Hi, I'm running a 4 nodes Cassandra cluster, and I'm facing the same
problem (node not present on nodetool ring, but unreachable on CLI describe
cluster...). I'm currently running version 1.0.2, but I have update from
0.8.x, the problem may exist since a while, I don't really know. I can't
stop my cluster, but I don't know how to apply the patch to repair the
consequences of this bug by removing definitely this node.

Can someone tell me the way to proceed to apply a patch and call this java
function ?

Thank you,

Alain

Re: BulkLoader

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 8:03 AM, Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm running a 4 nodes Cassandra cluster, and I'm facing the same problem
> (node not present on nodetool ring, but unreachable on CLI describe
> cluster...). I'm currently running version 1.0.2, but I have update from
> 0.8.x, the problem may exist since a while, I don't really know. I can't
> stop my cluster, but I don't know how to apply the patch to repair the
> consequences of this bug by removing definitely this node.
>
> Can someone tell me the way to proceed to apply a patch and call this java
> function ?

If you're not already familiar with building cassandra, the easiest
thing to do is wait for 1.0.6 (I just committed this patch) and then
call it via jconsole.

-Brandon

Re: BulkLoader

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
By the way, nice comment on the patch "// do not pass go, do not collect
200 dollars, just gtfo", it looks like you have some fun while developping
Cassandra @Datastax ;)

Alain