Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mu...@GDM.DE on 2000/07/27 10:47:09 UTC

Solaris Makefile.incl bug (+ fix)

When trying to link a program against xerces 1.2 on Solaris 7, I get the
following errors:

/usr/local/lib/libxerces-c1_2.so: undefined reference to
`towupper@SUNW_0.7'
/usr/local/lib/libxerces-c1_2.so: undefined reference to
`iswspace@SUNW_0.7'

Google found the solution in the Xalan list archives from Volker Börchers:

> had to remove all occurencies of `-lw' from the link flags
> in xerces/c/src/Makefile.incl (otherwise got undefined references to
> iswspace@@SUNW_0.7 and towupper@@SUNW_0.7 !)

I've done this and it works. I now have Xerces 1.2 working on a Solaris
7/Sparc with all the latest GNU tools.

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com