Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Warwick Bailey <wa...@caret.cam.ac.uk> on 2002/05/07 16:18:09 UTC

Namepsaces

Dear Group

My xpath queries are not working with Xindice when a default namespace is
set in the root tag of the xml document: eg:

<root xmlns="http://www.domain.com/folder">

but they do work if I take the namespace out

<root>

or the namespace has an prefix id and I set this in the service

<root xmlns:id="http://www.site.com/folder">

and

service.setNamespace("id", "http://www.site.com/folder");

So, please advise: why do xpath queries run except when the default
namespace is included in the root tag of the xml document?

With kind thanks for your time and advice.

Warwick R Bailey MRSC CChem
E-Learning Environments Group
Centre for Applied Research in Education Technology
16 Mill Lane
Cambridge CB1 1HE

warwick@caret.cam.ac.uk