Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/17 20:07:47 UTC

[m2] creating a par package and including it in an ear

Hi all,

I am doing my first steps with maven... I have a multi-module setup
that involves the creation of jars, wars, pars and an ear with
everything inside. I've been told to use a plugin to create the par
file [1]. However, when the par is set as a dependency in the pom.xml
file to create the ear, a jar (with the same name of the par) is
included in the ear instead. I do not know anything about the maven
insights so I am not able right now to modify the code in order to see
what fails now, although I could do an ant task to rename again the
jar file to par inside the ear. But that will be the last solution...
I've seen that there is also a maven-par-plugin in the sandbox and
I've tried to use it. Then I got this exception: Cannot find lifecycle
mapping for packaging: 'par'.
I've compared the two plugins and I've seen than the plugin from JIRA
contains a components.xml file, so I've copied that file to the
sandbox plugin and I've installed it again (yeah, you now, trial and
error). The lifecycle seems ok now, but I keep getting this exception

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error assembling PAR
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error assembling PAR
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.par.ParMojo.execute(ParMojo.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:399)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:519)
        ... 16 more
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.par.ParMojo.execute(ParMojo.java:151)
        ... 18 more

Any tips will be appreciated,

Thanks!

Bruno

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-98

Re: [m2] creating a par package and including it in an ear

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
While we're at it - any estimate regarding the release date?

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
yeah that's a known issue with Sun ;-)

for a getting-started kind of tutorial - I recommend JBoss's
TrailBlazer (can't remember the url - google finds it though).

for more in depth info - currently there's only the jcp spec and some
material on the net. Oh oracle's OTN (http://otn.oracle.com) has some
info about it too - but I think it's oc4j-oriented, like Sun's...

good luck :)

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.