Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jeff Scott <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/30 23:47:31 UTC

Volunteer with Open Office documentation

Hello!

My name is Jeff Feinman, and I am interested in helping to write
documentation for OpenOffice.org. I have a deep background in technical
writing and journalism, and most recently served as a technical writer for
Blackbaud, a software provider for nonprofit organizations. I am very
skilled and experienced in writing user education content, have worked as
part of agile scrum teams, and have recorded support videos. I take pride
in my ability to create high quality content.

As a technical writer with Blackbaud, I worked with authoring tools
including MadCap Flare and Adobe FrameMaker, as well as Team Foundation
Server for version control. In addition to improving my writing and
information gathering abilities, I also advanced my video recording and
social media skills with Blackbaud. I also served for three years as
assistant editor of Software Development Times, an industry trade magazine.

I currently live in Charleston, South Carolina, which is a beautiful beach
town. I grew up in the Long Island/New York City area. I am an avid
Islanders and Giants fan, and have recently taken up disc golf, which is a
blast.

Attached is a copy of my resume if you're interested, I look forward to
speaking with you more about how I can help out.

Sincerely,

Jeff Feinman

--
Jeff Scott
jeffscottworld@gmail.com

Re: Volunteer with Open Office documentation

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
Welcome on board, Jef!

2013/1/30 Jeff Scott <je...@gmail.com>

> Hello!
>
> My name is Jeff Feinman, and I am interested in helping to write
> documentation for OpenOffice.org. I have a deep background in technical
> writing and journalism, and most recently served as a technical writer for
> Blackbaud, a software provider for nonprofit organizations. I am very
> skilled and experienced in writing user education content, have worked as
> part of agile scrum teams, and have recorded support videos. I take pride
> in my ability to create high quality content.

Great! Right now, discussion and drafting for a new user guide happens on
the doc mailing list

doc@openoffice.apache.org

you can subscribe to that list sending a mail to

doc-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org

and answering the mail you receive.

Regards
Ricardo