Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by nikhil gupta <ng...@hotmail.com> on 2008/03/28 13:54:43 UTC

commit Failed: Unusable URI: it does not refer to this repository [409, #190001]

Hi There,

Today I got this weird error when I tried to commit my changes to the repository.

"Unusable URI: It does not refer to this repository"

I tried to search the net for this, but to no avail. :(

Then I searched in the Apache's error logs on my SVN server. It gave me the following error:

The activity href could not be parsed properly.  [409, #190001][Fri Mar 28 05:36:51 2008] [error] [client 10.140.6.42] Unusable URI: it does not refer to this repository  [409, #190001][Fri Mar 28 05:37:25 2008] [error] [client 10.140.6.42] Could not CHECKOUT resource

The weird thing is, I was trying to commit and the server says, Checkout failed!

I deleted my Working Copy, Checked the code out again, applied my changes and tried to commit again. This time it worked. However, I had to delete the entire Working copy as deleting only the directory in question didn't work.

Has anyone else ever faced this error before? If yes, why does this come and what could be the possible resolution? No one would not want to checkout the entire repository every time one wants to commit something.

Regards,
Nikhil
Fashion Channel : Want to know what’s the latest in the fashion world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/

Re: commit Failed: Unusable URI: it does not refer to this repository [409, #190001]

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 28, 2008, at 08:54, nikhil gupta wrote:

> No one would not want to checkout the entire repository every time
> one wants to commit something.

Well, just to nit-pick this one statement, no one should be checking
out the entire repository anyway. You should be getting a working
copy of the subset of the repository you want to work with. For
example, just the trunk of one particular project, not the entire
project (with all its tags and branches).

That said, working copies can on occasion become corrupted, and they
are considered disposable. If checking out a new working copy fixes
the issue, then you've already found the solution to the problem. Of
course, if you find a series of steps that consistently corrupts a
working copy, please let us know so that it can be fixed.

RE: commit Failed: Unusable URI: it does not refer to this repository [409, #190001]

Posted by nikhil gupta <ng...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Cristea,

I'd done that and found the path to be pointing to the same repo, where I wanted to do the commit. In fact, I had committed a few files earlier, about an hour ago, to the same location from the same WC.

Nikhil

> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:00:13 +0200> From: cristeab@gmail.com> To: ng_g20@hotmail.com> Subject: Re: commit Failed: Unusable URI: it does not refer to this repository [409, #190001]> > Have you checked in your working copy the .svn folder? There is an> "entries" file where the path (URI) is provided. You should check if> this one is the correct path.> > On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 3:54 PM, nikhil gupta <ng...@hotmail.com> wrote:> >> > Hi There,> >> > Today I got this weird error when I tried to commit my changes to the> > repository.> >> > "Unusable URI: It does not refer to this repository"> >> > I tried to search the net for this, but to no avail. :(> >> > Then I searched in the Apache's error logs on my SVN server. It gave me the> > following error:> >> > The activity href could not be parsed properly. [409, #190001]> > [Fri Mar 28 05:36:51 2008] [error] [client 10.140.6.42] Unusable URI: it> > does not refer to this repository [409, #190001]> > [Fri Mar 28 05:37:25 2008] [error] [client 10.140.6.42] Could not CHECKOUT> > resource> >> > The weird thing is, I was trying to commit and the server says, Checkout> > failed!> >> > I deleted my Working Copy, Checked the code out again, applied my changes> > and tried to commit again. This time it worked. However, I had to delete the> > entire Working copy as deleting only the directory in question didn't work.> >> > Has anyone else ever faced this error before? If yes, why does this come> > and what could be the possible resolution? No one would not want to checkout> > the entire repository every time one wants to commit something.> >> > Regards,> > Nikhil> >> > ________________________________> > Coolhotmail : Board of the same old Email ID's? Get a unique one here. Try> > it now!> > > > -- > Bogdan Cristea
Video: Get a glimpse of the latest in Cricket, Bollywood, News and Fashion. Only on MSN videos.
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-in