Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/11 01:51:21 UTC

Removing of kettle code from Carbondata

Hi All,

I guess it is time to remove the kettle flow from Carbondata loading. Now
there are two flows to load the data and becomes difficult to maintain the
code.Bug fixing or any feature implementation needs to be done in both the
places so it becomes difficult for developer to implement and test.

Please comment and vote on it.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravindra

Re: Removing of kettle code from Carbondata

Posted by Kumar Vishal <ku...@gmail.com>.
+1
-Regards
Kumar Vishal

回复:Removing of kettle code from Carbondata

Posted by Yinwei Li <25...@qq.com>.
+1

well, I agree with Ravindra, As a better solution is born and it seems no backward compatibility issue in a data loading process.

Posted by 金铸 <ji...@neusoft.com>.
+1

在 2017/3/11 9:51, Ravindra Pesala 写道:
> Hi All,
>
> I guess it is time to remove the kettle flow from Carbondata loading. Now
> there are two flows to load the data and becomes difficult to maintain the
> code.Bug fixing or any feature implementation needs to be done in both the
> places so it becomes difficult for developer to implement and test.
>
> Please comment and vote on it.

--
金铸
技术发展部(TDD)

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

Re: Removing of kettle code from Carbondata

Posted by Sea <26...@qq.com>.
+1

From:  "Liang Chen";<ch...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Sat, Mar 11, 2017 10:01 AM
To:  "dev"<de...@carbondata.incubator.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: Removing of kettle code from Carbondata

Hi

Agree, +1.
The new data load(through spark) is quite stable and good performance, so i
agree to remove kettle flow for data loading.

Regards
Liang

--
Regards
Liang

Re: Removing of kettle code from Carbondata

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Regards
Liang

Re: Removing of kettle code from Carbondata

Posted by manish gupta <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Maintaining 2 flows is a cumbersome process. Better to remove.

Regards
Manish Gupta

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
+1 for removing the kettle code.

And how about the sorter implementation, currently, default property for off heap sort (ENABLE_UNSAFE_SORT) is false, how about making it to true and we can also remove heap sorter in the future after off heap sort is fully tested

Regards,
Jacky

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravi

Re: Removing of kettle code from Carbondata

Posted by QiangCai <qi...@qq.com>.
+1