Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com> on 2008/01/21 23:37:47 UTC

question aboutc++ libhdfs and a bug comment on the libdfs test case

We were wondering how stable it was for use? We have some 10 gig data
sets that need a little translation before our java based hadoop jobs
can run on them, and the translation library is in c++. We are thinking
of using libdfs to to a translate while copying the data in to hdfs.

Any gotchas with libhdfs that we should know about.

While looking at the the HEAD version of the

  /lucene/hadoop/trunk/src/c++/libhdfs/hdfs_test.c,

I noticed a small typeo

*int* *main*(*int* argc, *char* **argv) {

    hdfsFS fs = hdfsConnect(*"default"*, 0);
    *if*(!fs) {
        fprintf(stderr, *"Oops! Failed to connect to hdfs!\n"*);
        exit(-1);
    }

    hdfsFS lfs = hdfsConnect(NULL, 0);
    *if*(!fs) {
        fprintf(stderr, *"Oops! Failed to connect to 'local' hdfs!\n"*);
        exit(-1);
    }

I believe that test should be if(!lfs) {

RE: question aboutc++ libhdfs and a bug comment on the libdfs test case

Posted by dhruba Borthakur <dh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Jason,

Good catch. It would be great if you can create a JIRA issue and submit
your code change as a patch for this problem.

There are some big sites (about 1000 node clusters) that use libhdfs to
access HDFS.

Thanks,
Dhruba