Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2008/11/03 22:39:57 UTC

Re: PlainTextExtractor in repository.xml

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Marc Speck <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Is there a reason that org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.PlainTextExtractor is
> not registered in the default repository.xml? I took me a while to find this
> out...

I don't think there's a specific reason - the jackrabbit-server module
has probably mostly be used for small demos and testing at the moment,
so it might be missing other useful stuff.

If you could provide a patch for the additional things that you need,
that would be great!

> ...A related question is how can I define a custom repository.xml without all
> the bells and whistle. Is there a configuration path somewhere?...

Not at the moment AFAIK, you'd have to build the jackrabbit-server
bundle yourself.

-Bertrand

Re: PlainTextExtractor in repository.xml

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Marc Speck <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, I'd only expect the PlainTextExtractor in the repository.xml, see
> attachment.

Please note that this mailing list (as most/all apache lists) does not
accept attachements. To create a patch, you create a JIRA issue at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING (you might need to register
first) and attach the patch there.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: PlainTextExtractor in repository.xml

Posted by Marc Speck <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Marc Speck <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ...Is there a reason that
> org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.PlainTextExtractor is
> > not registered in the default repository.xml? I took me a while to find
> this
> > out...
>
> I don't think there's a specific reason - the jackrabbit-server module
> has probably mostly be used for small demos and testing at the moment,
> so it might be missing other useful stuff.

what do mean by "missing other useful stuff" besides a real database and
file paths to fast discs?

> If you could provide a patch for the additional things that you need,
> that would be great!

Currently, I'd only expect the PlainTextExtractor in the repository.xml, see
attachment.

> > ...A related question is how can I define a custom repository.xml without
> all
> > the bells and whistle. Is there a configuration path somewhere?...
>
> Not at the moment AFAIK, you'd have to build the jackrabbit-server
> bundle yourself.

ok, thanks for your answers.
Marc