Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mac Systems <ma...@mac-systems.de> on 2007/06/07 21:04:52 UTC

Lifecyle Question

Hello Maven Users,

i'd like to how this can happen:

I have an Multiprojekt:

"mvn compile"

work well, all is compiled!

If i do

"mvn package"

i get an Error that some package and test-jar not found. Can someone
explain a bit how this can happen ?

greets,
Jens

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
What is the specific error message? Copy and paste it here.

And what happens with "mvn clean compile" and "mvn clean package"?

Wayne

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jens,

Post your pom.xml files, so we can have a look..

Cheers
Jo

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Mac Systems <ma...@mac-systems.de>.
Ok,

thanks it clearer now!

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

RE: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.
Yes - install them to the repo on each build, no matter how (CC or manual),
but only with "mvn clean install".  "install" will run the prior lifecycle
steps.

But i get Confused as i through to know that maven will invoke each of
the previous
goals.

Doing that with Cruise Control mean i have to install each time the
snapshots ?
the means i have to call somthing like this:

"maven clean compile install package site-stage"

Is that correct ?

thanks,
Jens

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Mac Systems <ma...@mac-systems.de>.
Sound Good so far.

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com>.
I understood you, too. :)

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.

--
Eric Redmond
http://www.sonatype.com

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com>.

Re: Lifecyle Question

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like one of your modules has a dependency on a project that generates
a test-jar. Sorry to say, but you actually have to run "mvn install" - so
the test-jar can be packaged and installed so the module that requires it
can access it.

It works via "mvn compile" because no test is run, hence no test scope
dependencies.

Eric

On 6/7/07, Mac Systems <ma...@mac-systems.de> wrote:

> Hello Maven Users,
>
> i'd like to how this can happen:
>
> I have an Multiprojekt:
>
> "mvn compile"
>
> work well, all is compiled!
>
> If i do
>
> "mvn package"
>
> i get an Error that some package and test-jar not found. Can someone
> explain a bit how this can happen ?
>
> greets,
> Jens

Eric Redmond