Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com> on 2014/08/28 15:44:57 UTC

F21 & Grand unified .spec - CentOS7

Greetings!

Because folks have been asking, I've been updating my spec here:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/mesos.git/tree/mesos.spec
clone url: git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/mesos

My integration stream is:
https://github.com/timothysc/mesos/tree/0.20-integ

I intend to push most patches back once I finish testing.  I still need to tackle the systemd integration (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1195) and there are some issues with some of the new python CLI tools that I'm currently working on.

At this point, I have builds for F21 & rawhide.  However, it would be bad form of me to drag in some new dependencies into F20, so in my F20 packaging branch the spec will rebuild once folks drag in the deps should they choose to rebuild.

Also, I'm currently in flight on unifying the spec such that it can be rebuilt in mock on CentOS7 should folks want to play, but I have no intention of supporting 6 at this time, but I know others are interested.

Please feel free to hit me up on irc, freenode #mesos if you have more questions.

--
Cheers,
Timothy St. Clair

Re: F21 & Grand unified .spec - CentOS7.rpm

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.
Update:

Details can be found here:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=17691

Mock rebuilds now work:
mock --clean --init -r epel-7-x86_64 --rebuild mesos-0.20.0-2.f421ffd.fc22.src.rpm

You can download EL7-esk.rpm's here:
https://tstclair.fedorapeople.org/mesos/centos7/

No claims they are any good... yet.

Cheers,
Tim

> Because folks have been asking, I've been updating my spec here:
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/mesos.git/tree/mesos.spec
> clone url: git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/mesos
>
> My integration stream is:
> https://github.com/timothysc/mesos/tree/0.20-integ
>
> I intend to push most patches back once I finish testing.  I still need to
> tackle the systemd integration
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1195) and there are some issues
> with some of the new python CLI tools that I'm currently working on.

FWIW in case anyone else runs across this, it was due to the installation of a .pth file.  It might make sense outside of mock, but it's nonsense in a mock environment.

--
Cheers,
Timothy St. Clair

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.