Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by insaneyogi3008 <in...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/12 06:34:51 UTC

Synchronizing Webapp on Tomcat with Solr instance

Hello,

I have a webapp on Tomcat that displays search results to the end users . I
have a Solr instance on the same linux box that has data indexed .

The webapp wraps an instance of "CommonHTTPSolrServer" presumably to send
HTTP requests to the Solr instance , now if Solr has indexed documents , how
does it return the document(s) that satisfied the search query ?

I am a little confused about how this communication between tomcat & solr
takes place

Re: Synchronizing Webapp on Tomcat with Solr instance

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think this is a question for the solr-user@lucene.apache.org  mailing
list.

The solr-dev mailing list is mostly for communication that has to do with
Solr internals and development of Solr itself.

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 12:34 AM, insaneyogi3008 <in...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a webapp on Tomcat that displays search results to the end users . I
> have a Solr instance on the same linux box that has data indexed .
>
> The webapp wraps an instance of "CommonHTTPSolrServer" presumably to send
> HTTP requests to the Solr instance , now if Solr has indexed documents ,
> how
> does it return the document(s) that satisfied the search query ?
>
> I am a little confused about how this communication between tomcat & solr
> takes place

"Good Enough" is not good enough.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
Quality First. Measure Twice. Cut Once.
http://www.israelekpo.com/