Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Sasha <sa...@ca.com> on 2009/10/12 22:55:51 UTC

Apache XML Security compatibility between v1.4.3 and 1.3

Hi,

I have a quick question. Is Apache XML Security v1.4.3 compatible with 1.3?

Thanks,
Sasha.

Sasha Matison
ca
Manager, Software Engineering
Sasha.Matison@ca.com

Re: Apache XML Security compatibility between v1.4.3 and 1.3

Posted by Sasha <sa...@ca.com>.
Thanks for the follow up.

Regards,
Sasha.

Re: Apache XML Security compatibility between v1.4.3 and 1.3

Posted by Sean Mullan <Se...@Sun.COM>.
Sasha wrote:
> I mean if I have a program that is written against Apache XML Security v1.3 will
> it continue to work if I relink it against Apache XML Security v1.4.3?

I believe it should, but I can't make any guarantees. We didn't
(intentionally) break compatibility going from 1.3 to 1.4. Let us know
what you find out.

--Sean

Re: Apache XML Security compatibility between v1.4.3 and 1.3

Posted by Sean Mullan <Se...@Sun.COM>.
Sasha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a quick question. Is Apache XML Security v1.4.3 compatible with 1.3?

Do you mean JDK 1.3? No.

JDK 1.4 and up.

--Sean