Posted to users@maven.apache.org by tiggy <ti...@laposte.net> on 2010/12/14 12:57:58 UTC

War project - Links folder

Hello everybody,

I don't see any way to be able to import a maven project of type war with
linked folder pointing to jsp.

M2Eclipse takes my definition of maven-war-plugin as input:

           <plugin>
                <configuration>
                	<webResources>
                        <resource>

<directory>../shared-jsps/src/main/webapp</directory>
                            <targetPath>WEB-INF</targetPath>
                        </resource>
                    </webResources>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

It must be translated as this in my .project (view, tags, layout, messages
are subdirectories of shared-jsps/src/main/webapp)

<linkedResources>
		<link>
			<name>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/layout</name>
			<type>2</type>

<locationURI>workspace/shared-jsps/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/layout</locationURI>
		</link>
		<link>
			<name>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/messages</name>
			<type>2</type>

<locationURI>workspace/shared-jsps/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/messages</locationURI>
		</link>
		<link>
			<name>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/tags</name>
			<type>2</type>

<locationURI>workspace/eng-common-pub/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/tags</locationURI>
		</link>
		<link>
			<name>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/views</name>
			<type>2</type>

<locationURI>workspace/shared-jsps/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/views</locationURI>
		</link>
	</linkedResources>

Currently what it does is to copy all the files contained in
shared-jsps/src/main/webapp... I don't find a solution to this issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated ?

Tiggy

Re: War project - Links folder

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I don't see any way to be able to import a maven project of type war with
> linked folder pointing to jsp.
>
> <directory>../shared-jsps/src/main/webapp</directory>
>
> Currently what it does is to copy all the files contained in
> shared-jsps/src/main/webapp... I don't find a solution to this issue.

Move the shared stuff to a separate project and depend on it in the
various projects you need to use it, and use war overlays to put the
files where they need to be in those projects.

Wayne