Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2004/06/08 15:44:32 UTC

Re: Validator/Struts bugs

[Moving from off-list]

Thanks, Don.

I took this morning "off" to get the the Commons Validator 1.1.3 rolled. Of course, as soon as the updated dependencies hit the street, we can plug those in and roll 1.1.4.

I pinged the Jakarta PMC list about karma for you and Niall, so you should be able to handle these yourself next time around.

So, there's 14 problem tickets open for Struts. If we can squash these, we'll have a Commons Validator 1.1.3 against which to roll Struts 1.2.1. If CV 1.1.3 then goes stable, Struts 1.2.1 could follow suit. Or, if the other Commons dependencies ship, we can roll Struts 1.2.2 against those. But, I believe we do need to keep squashing and releasing, lest we find ourselves on another death march.

I can roll Struts 1.2.1 if no one else is up for it, but someone else would like to give a whirl, please do chime in.

-Ted.

Re: Struts 1.2.1 release plan (was Re: Validator/Struts bugs)

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
I have committ privledge so I am going to apply the patch.

Niall

Re: Roll back Commons Validator dependancy ( was Struts 1.2.1 release plan)

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Actually, I don't think any Struts release has included a validator 1.1.x
build.  So we haven't given people a chance to remove references to
deprecated functionality that has been removed in the 1.2.x series.

You could either apply the patches to the branch or just release 1.1.3
from the branch without patches.

David

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.