Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Eirik Thorsnes <ei...@uni.no> on 2015/06/12 15:30:47 UTC

Compiling ambari-metrics rpms in git-trunk partially fails

Hi,

I'm trying to compile ambari rpms from git trunk and even when going
down to the ambari-metrics subdir and re-running mvn there, I only get a
proper rpm for the ambari-metrics-collector (in subdir
ambari-metrics-timelineservice). Some other rpms are created but they
don't contain any files.

Is this a known issue?
I see that Hortonworks has proper ambari-metrics rpms for ambari-2.1.0
in their "beta/unreleased" part (HDP-LABS) in their repo.

If I compile to tar.gz (removing "rpm:rpm") I get what looks to be
correct tar.gz for the missing rpms in the ambari-metrics-assembly
subdir (including the correctly compiled ambari-metrics-collector
mentioned above). So it seems that the following rpms are not created
properly: ambari-metrics-hadoop-sink-$(version).rpm and
ambari-metrics-monitor-$(version).rpm.

I compile like this:

(java-home set to openjdk 1.7, mvn 3.0.5 in path,
setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg installed, NodeJS v0.10.31 in path,
brunch@1.7.17)

export _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xmx3072m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-Djava.awt.headless=true"

mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=2.1.0.0

cd ambari-metrics
mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=2.1.0.0

cd ..
mvn -B install package rpm:rpm -Dviews -DskipTests -Dpython.ver="python
>= 2.6" -Preplaceurl

cd ambari-metrics
mvn -B install package rpm:rpm -Dviews -DskipTests -Dpython.ver="python
>= 2.6" -Preplaceurl

cd ../contrib/ambari-log4j/
mvn -B install package rpm:rpm -Dviews -DskipTests -Dpython.ver="python
>= 2.6" -Preplaceurl

Maven reports that builds are all success.

Best,
Eirik

--
Eirik Thorsnes

Re: Compiling ambari-metrics rpms in git-trunk partially fails

Posted by Dmitry Sen <ds...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Eirik,

Ambari Metrics is built by an assembly plugin.

$ cd ambari-metrics
$ mvn package -Dbuild-rpm -DskipTests

You will find the rpm's in ambari-metrics-assembly/target/rpm

BR,
Dmytro Sen

I'm trying to compile ambari rpms from git trunk and even when going
down to the ambari-metrics subdir and re-running mvn there, I only get a
proper rpm for the ambari-metrics-collector (in subdir
ambari-metrics-timelineservice). Some other rpms are created but they
don't contain any files.

Is this a known issue?
I see that Hortonworks has proper ambari-metrics rpms for ambari-2.1.0
in their "beta/unreleased" part (HDP-LABS) in their repo.

If I compile to tar.gz (removing "rpm:rpm") I get what looks to be
correct tar.gz for the missing rpms in the ambari-metrics-assembly
subdir (including the correctly compiled ambari-metrics-collector
mentioned above). So it seems that the following rpms are not created
properly: ambari-metrics-hadoop-sink-$(version).rpm and
ambari-metrics-monitor-$(version).rpm.

I compile like this:

(java-home set to openjdk 1.7, mvn 3.0.5 in path,
setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg installed, NodeJS v0.10.31 in path,
brunch@1.7.17)

export _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xmx3072m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-Djava.awt.headless=true"

mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=2.1.0.0

cd ambari-metrics
mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=2.1.0.0

cd ..
mvn -B install package rpm:rpm -Dviews -DskipTests -Dpython.ver="python
>= 2.6" -Preplaceurl

cd ambari-metrics
mvn -B install package rpm:rpm -Dviews -DskipTests -Dpython.ver="python
>= 2.6" -Preplaceurl

cd ../contrib/ambari-log4j/