Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joey Carr <Jo...@CanopySystems.com> on 2000/11/07 16:25:55 UTC

Cocoon-JRun/JSP compatibility issue

Hello all-

I recently found out that it's fairly difficult to run Cocoon while using
JRun-2.3 to serve JSPs.  The root of the incompatibility seems to be that
the xml4j.jar provides an out of date version of org.xml.sax classes and the
JSP compiler depends on deprecated calls to that package.  Cocoon in turn
requires the org.xml.sax classes as well.

I need to use both Cocoon and JSPs.

I briefly deluded myself that there was a hack that could be performed on
the Cocoon methods that do class loading, but this appears now to be a dead
end since the package in question isn't explicitly loaded but is imported.

So, my question is whether or not a workaround is available.  I've seen
recommendations such as "delete xml4j.jar," but this will break the majority
of my application.

Any recommendations?  Thanks, everyone.

	-Joey