Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by li...@altahost.com on 2002/02/01 00:46:55 UTC

Apache and windows

I am running apache on windows XP but only using it for local
development purposes. I want to be able to add multiple named based
sites to apache (again only for view locally). Do I need to configure
anything else other then the http.conf file in order to setup a name
based domain. I have already made the necessary modifications to my
http.conf file but still cannot access the domain.

Jeff

Re: Apache and windows

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
Those names need to resolve to your local address, this mail shows you which
file to edit:
http://www.apachelabs.org/httpd-users/200201.mbox/<20...@rawbyte.com>

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 03:46:55PM -0800, linux@altahost.com wrote:
> I am running apache on windows XP but only using it for local
> development purposes. I want to be able to add multiple named based
> sites to apache (again only for view locally). Do I need to configure
> anything else other then the http.conf file in order to setup a name
> based domain. I have already made the necessary modifications to my
> http.conf file but still cannot access the domain.
>

> Jeff

RE: Apache and windows

Posted by li...@altahost.com.
Thanks. Your post solved my problem. Took me just a couple of seconds to
change the http.conf file and I was able to access via 127.0.0.2 then I
had to change the hosts file so I can alias a name to the ip.

Works great.

Jeff