Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2010/06/24 07:00:33 UTC

Re: Can not write to table for some speical key range and find a hole in .META. table

Hello:

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7.  It has a few
scripts.  There is a check_meta.rb that will checkout your .META. and
report probs.  If it finds a hole, if you pass --fix, it'll try and
fill the hole by looking in filesystem for a region that will plug the
hole.

There is an add_region.rb which you can use to cover over the hole in .META.

Then there is a new tool that has been committed to trunk that will
help with diagnosis of your .META.  You might want to backport.

Probably the safest thing to do is run the add_table.rb script which
you can find in your bin directory.  After it completes, restart.  To
be safe, use a version from head of the 0.20 branch:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase/branches/0.20/bin/add_table.rb

Hope this helps.

St.Ack