Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/23 20:46:31 UTC

Unable to detect RewriteAppender

Hi,

I am using log4j 1.2.17 version and have log4j.properties.
This has properties defined for Console appender and RollingFileAppender.

Our application is working good since last 3 and half years.

Now, I am trying to introduce a new property as below:

log4j.appender.A1 = org.apache.log4j.rewrite.RewriteAppender
log4j.appender.A1.appender-ref=R

The RewriteAppender class is not even getting detected. My logging parser
just ignores these lines and goes to the later ones to interpret.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Sai