Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Melgar <dm...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/11/12 21:22:26 UTC

Can a module include a transport?

Can a module include a transport? I've tried and it doesn't seem to work.
It looks like Axis2 loads the transports before it loads the modules.
Is there a preferred way to distribute a new transport other than placing
it in the Axis classes directory?
Is there any reason why modules couldn't be enhanced to support including
transports?

Re: Can a module include a transport?

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

> Can a module include a transport? I've tried and it doesn't seem to
> work. It looks like Axis2 loads the transports before it loads the
> modules.
You can do that as well , but you have to do bit of work.

You have to load the transport and start yourself .
> Is there a preferred way to distribute a new transport other than
> placing it in the Axis classes directory?
You can add transport jars inside your module and load them inside you
module.
> Is there any reason why modules couldn't be enhanced to support
> including transports?
We did not think about that , if there is a requirement we can think
about that.

Thanks
Deepal