Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/09 17:09:59 UTC

[S2] Struts 2 and portlets - I found some info

Hi,

Nobody answered my last questions about portlets  - but I found some
useful info and will try to share it.

The webwork wiki stuff has been copied/migrated to struts 2, but some
parts were not updated. For example:
    http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/portlet-tutorial.html

This page is mostly valid and gives some hints but the discussed
    xwork.xml
file references another one:
    <include file="webwork-portlet-default.xml" />

And here is the trick.
I tried to include 'struts-portlet-default.xml' instead but there is
no such file.

Instead there is 'struts-plugin-default.xml' in the struts-core.jar
file that should be referenced, and packages that want to support
portlets should extend the 'struts-portlet-default' package (or define
some other based on it's results/redirectors).

Suddenly everything started to work :)
I had no chance to test it under websphere portal yet, but it
definitely works under jetspeed-2.

I hope this saves somebody's time and gives some hope for portlets in struts2.

Please - the struts team - update that wiki page, it's crucial.
At least describe why that extra file needs to be included (defines
portlet specific results/dispatchers) and what is it's correct name
after migration to struts.

Best regards
Dariusz Wojtas

Re: [S2] Struts 2 and portlets - I found some info

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com>.
ok, I have filled the CLA and sent it with fax.
waiting for more :)

Dariusz Wojtas

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.