Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Christian Fonden <ch...@die-rooter.de> on 2009/07/23 21:39:11 UTC

How to Adjust Axis2 Call Timeout

Hello Oders,

I wonder how to adjust the call timeout for a service call to an ode
process. The timeout is set to 30 seconds by default, but I have some
extension activities that take slightly more time (approx. 60 seconds). Yes,
I know, calling the process asynchronously is prefered, but it my case it
would be easier to adjust the timeout (I'd like to set it to 80 sec or
so....).

Is there any possibility to adjust the service call timeout? I did not find
it in the ode config by now, perhaps I have overseen the entry?

greets
Chris

Re: How to Adjust Axis2 Call Timeout

Posted by Alexis Midon <mi...@intalio.com>.
Hi Chris,

you should create a property file containing this property:
mex.timeout = 80000

The name of the file does not matter, only the extension does. It has to be
'.endpoint' ; timeout.endpoint for instance.

You can save this file in two different places:
  #1 if you want this to affect all your processes, save it in
ode/WEB-INF/conf/
  #2 if you want to affect only a given process, save it the process
directory, ode/WEB-INF/process/my-process/

You shouldn't have to restart the server for the file to be picked up.

More details here:
http://ode.apache.org/endpoint-configuration.html

Alexis