Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Gary Li <ga...@outlook.com> on 2021/03/01 04:56:15 UTC

0.8.0 Release discussion

Hi All,

I’d like to start a discussion about the 0.8.0 release planning. Recently, we made a great progress on the Flink writer(thank you Danny) and landed many bugfix/perf improvement commits. I think it’s a good time to make 0.8.0 release soon. Targeting the middle of March could be a good timing IMO.

Also, I think we can release more frequently, like monthly or bi-monthly, to get the latest features out quickly. What do you guys think?

Best Regards,
Gary Li

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Great! Thanks Gary!

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Posted by wei li <lw...@gmail.com>.
+1, for release more frequently

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Thanks for flagging this, Siva.

I wonder if we need a larger redesign of the site and tabify every page
with Flink, Spark, Hive, PySpark etc and have relevant instructions/code
snippets. This probably deserves its own DISCUSS thread.

Any volunteers for RM? :)

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Posted by Danny Chan <da...@apache.org>.

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
+1 for sure. Would be nice to add flink documentation to our QuickStart. We
need to probably fix docker demo as well, but alteast w/ upcoming release,
would be nice to have quick start added for flink. So, please do
incorporate the time required for it (including fixing website ). May be
take the opportunity to add 3 tabs to our QuickStart namely spark, pyspark
and flink.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 12:15 PM nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1, exciting to see the progress on Flink.
>
> -Nishith
>
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 5:40 AM leesf <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1 to release monthly if possible, and thanks Danny for the great work on
> > Flink.
> >
> > Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> 于2021年3月2日周二 上午10:30写道:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > There are two more PRs to land for multi writers, and some bug fixes
> > around
> > > the metadata table.
> > >
> > > This alongside all the great progress on Flink, would make for an
> > exciting
> > > 0.8.0.

> make

> > > landed
> > make
> > > timing

> > > bi-monthly,

-Sivabalan

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Posted by nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Our test/release qualification infra needs a lot more automation IMO for
releasing every two weeks.
I feel every month is a good target cadence. But this can be a separate
thread?

Onto 0.8.0. any volunteers for RM for this one?

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Posted by leesf <le...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.8.0 Release discussion

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.