Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM> on 2008/12/03 16:55:07 UTC

Test Coverage Reports for Derby trunk

For some time I have been running EMMA (http://emma.sourceforge.net/) on
 the 'suites.All' test and creating test coverage reports for Jvm 1.4,
1.5 and 1.6 as well as the accumulated report over these three runs.

The results are now available at

http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/ /
  Weekly test coverage report:
  [http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/coverage/]

My intention is to update this page weekly. (There is currently a small
manual step involved in that ;-) )

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

Re: Test Coverage Reports for Derby trunk

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
Ole Solberg wrote:
> I have modified the upload/filtering rules so that
>
> - for the top two entries in the weekly report, coverage of individual
> lines will be available on the class-level pages

Thanks!

I can see the source code on the web pages now. Great!

bryan

Re: Test Coverage Reports for Derby trunk

Posted by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM>.
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>>> The results are now available at
>>>
>>> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/ /
>>>   Weekly test coverage report:
>>>   [http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/coverage/]
>

> I agree, thanks Ole this is very helpful!
>
> Is it possible to set things up so that the drill-down
> links on the web site are able to find the actual
> source code, so that the class-level coverage pages
> show the coverage of individual lines of code?

I have modified the upload/filtering rules so that

- for the top two entries in the weekly report, coverage of individual
lines will be available on the class-level pages for jvm1.4, jvm1.5 and
jvm1.6. For  Total ( == merge of jvm1.*) per line info is not produced
by EMMA.

- for the next (approx.) 8 entries in the weekly report, details down to
the '....jvm1.?/sol/suitesAll*/suitesAll.coveragereport.html' will be
available. I.e. one line per class.

The initial bulk upload is going on as I write this.

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Ole Solberg wrote:
> For some time I have been running EMMA (http://emma.sourceforge.net/) on
>  the 'suites.All' test and creating test coverage reports for Jvm 1.4,
> 1.5 and 1.6 as well as the accumulated report over these three runs.
>
> The results are now available at
>
> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/ /
>   Weekly test coverage report:
>   [http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/coverage/]

Thanks Ole for doing this.  It is important to keep our coverage numbers
up and continue to improve them. This will hopefully provide the
incentive we  need.

Kathey