Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/25 22:19:17 UTC

value size, is there a suggested limit?

Is there a suggested sized maximum that you can set the value of a given
key?

e.g. could I convert a document to bytes and store it as a value to a key?
 if yes, which I presume so, what if the file is 10mb? or 100mb?

Re: value size, is there a suggested limit?

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.
I think that is not what cassandra good at.

Posted by Mark Greene <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dir dir <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ahmed,

Casandra has a limitation to store value in to database. the maximum size is
2^31-1 byte.
if you have more than 2^31-1 byte, I suggest you to create several chunk
data.