Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Holger Rauch <Ho...@heitec.de> on 2000/11/02 09:38:53 UTC

RE: Building optional.jar from Latest Ant Sources

Hello!

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> [...]
> If you downloaded the source version, then building it will be
> sufficient to include the optional tasks, which can be built (according
> to the contents of your classpath), in your ant. jar.

Thanks for pointing this out! A jar -tf indeed shows that the new taskdefs
are there:

org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/Depend.class
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/constantpool/StringCPInfo.class

> However, I think we should change the current build so that ant builds
> two jars: ant.jar and optional.jar.

That would make it a bit easier to keep track of the things one is looking
for ,-)

> I guess we haven't done this to date
> because we are expecting to change the whole way that tasks are packaged
> anyway.

Well, that pretty much explains everything.

Greetings,

	Holger