Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Anton Rusanov <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/07 13:01:08 UTC

[tools] I want to implement keytool - have a question

 Hello.
I looked through Harmony code and I think I can implement  the Keytool for
the project using existing classes. I've already played with the thing and
it doesn't seem to be very hard to do. I'm going to create a couple of files
with stubs and gradually replace stubs with implementation using patches.

And I have a question. What should I do to make the keytool run with the
launcher being developed here?

Anton Rusanov
 Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [tools] I want to implement keytool - have a question

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Anton Rusanov wrote:
> Thanks for your welcome and consultations.:) I'll be happy to do something
> helpful.
> I'm going to create a JIRA issue and post the stubs today.
>
> I have tried to run stubs with the launcher. "Hello world" is printed fine.
> :)

cool - today "hello world" tomorrow keytool!

Just shout if you need further help.

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Anton Rusanov <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your welcome and consultations.:) I'll be happy to do something
helpful.
I'm going to create a JIRA issue and post the stubs today.

 I have tried to run stubs with the launcher. "Hello world" is printed fine.
:)

Thanks,
Anton.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Maybe it's time to pull tools out?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Anton Rusanov wrote:
> Hello.
> I looked through Harmony code and I think I can implement  the Keytool for
> the project using existing classes. I've already played with the thing and
> it doesn't seem to be very hard to do. I'm going to create a couple of
> files
> with stubs and gradually replace stubs with implementation using patches.

Excellent!

> And I have a question. What should I do to make the keytool run with the
> launcher being developed here?

See this thread :

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200605.mbox/%3c4475AFD9.5000902@gmail.com%3e

Tim modified the launcher to support just this kind of endeavour.

geir