Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Am...@jhc.co.uk on 2008/10/28 17:19:33 UTC

Write XML response

Hello,

I wonder if you can help.  I'm trying to send back some XML from an
AbstractAjaxBehavior  like this:

public class MyAjaxBehavior extends AbstractAjaxBehavior {

        @Override
        public void onRequest() {

                String reply = ....XML document as String.....
                RequestCycle.get().setRequestTarget(new
StringRequestTarget(reply));

        }
}

How can I set the response type to "text/xml" ?  The clients get the
response okay, but the fact that they don't know it's XML is causing
problems in Firefox and Chrome.

Many thanks,

JHC

Ambrose Wheatcroft
Analyst / Programmer

Email: ambrose.wheatcroft@jhc.co.uk

London office • Cottons Centre, Cottons Lane, London SE1 2QG • Telephone:
+44 (0)20 7367 6500 • Fax: +44 (0)20 7367 6501

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.
This message has been scanned for all known viruses. However, recipients are advised to apply their own antivirus detection measures to this message and any attachments upon receipt.

JHC Plc is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 2243258. Registered office:Canterbury House, 85 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 1LH, England.

Re: Write XML response

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.
Take a look here:
http://www.levmuchnik.net/Content/ProgrammingTips/WEB/XMLDisplay/DisplayXMLFileWithJavascript.html

Maybe this is what you want.

I found this by searching on Google, but it seems very easy to integrate
with wicket, change display colors, etc...

Hope it helps.

Cristi Manole

Nova Creator Software
www.novacreator.com

Re: Write XML response

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Write XML response

Posted by m_salman <mo...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Write XML response

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Write XML response

Posted by m_salman <mo...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Write XML response

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Write XML response

Posted by m_salman <mo...@yahoo.com>.
I would appreciate very much if some one can tell me how can I use this
method, or any other method, to display xml in a panel.  I want xml to be
displayed in an interactive format in  a panel when a form is submitted.

Thanks.

Re: Write XML response

Posted by Am...@jhc.co.uk.
Hello,

Yes, sorry and thanks - missed the StringRequestTarget(String contentType,
String charSet, String content) constrcutor.

Thanks again.

JHC

Ambrose Wheatcroft
Analyst / Programmer

Email: ambrose.wheatcroft@jhc.co.uk

London office • Cottons Centre, Cottons Lane, London SE1 2QG • Telephone:
+44 (0)20 7367 6500 • Fax: +44 (0)20 7367 6501

From:
"Igor Vaynberg" <ig...@gmail.com>
To:
users@wicket.apache.org
Date:
28/10/2008 16:46
Re: Write XML response

is it not just a matter of setting the right header?

-igor

Re: Write XML response

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.