Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tracey Maule <tr...@logis.co.nz> on 2000/12/07 03:12:01 UTC

general/6941: No httpd.pid installing

>Number:         6941
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       No httpd.pid installing
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
after unpacking apache_1_3_14_win32_r2.exe, and installing with command:

apache -i -n apache

start with command:

apache -k start

so far no problem.... but when using any of the following:

apache -k restart
apache -k shutdown
apache -k stop

the following message is obtained:

Cannot read apache PID file c:/apache/logs/httpd.pid

on looking for this file, it does not exist.

I tried copying this file from another machine, and was consequently greeted with the following (after the restart command):

[emerg] (2) the system cannot find the file specified:
OpenEvent on ap704_restart event

why is this file not being installed?  what can i do about it???
>How-To-Repeat:
pass
>Fix:
pass
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]

RE: general/6941: No httpd.pid installing

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
> apache -k start

is the service running?  use the configuation 'administration' - 'services'
dialog to check.

> so far no problem.... but when using any of the following:
>
> apache -k restart > apache -k shutdown > apache -k stop
>
> the following message is obtained:
>
> Cannot read apache PID file c:/apache/logs/httpd.pid

If apache is running the pid file should exist.  Check your winnt event
log for possible errors.  Also try starting with simply 'apache' and
see what you have, errors or whatnot.