Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Brian Candler <b....@pobox.com> on 2019/11/01 07:22:55 UTC

Missing navigation to functions-api page

Starting at any point in the current documentation, e.g.

https://pulsar.apache.org/docs/en/next/functions-overview/

There is a hidden page "functions-api" which doesn't appear to be linked
from the navbar:

https://pulsar.apache.org/docs/en/next/functions-api/

And if you go to that page manually, it doesn't have a navbar of its own.

I have no idea how to fix, but thought I'd report it here.

Cheers,

Brian.

Re: Missing navigation to functions-api page

Posted by Jinfeng Huang <hj...@streamnative.io>.
Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for your question.
In 2.4.1, we've improved the structure and content of Pulsar Functions, you
can find the API related information at
https://pulsar.apache.org/docs/en/next/functions-develop/
I've removed Functions API from the navigation bar.

Best Regards,
Jennifer

Posted by Jinfeng Huang <hj...@streamnative.io>.
Hi Brian,
Thanks very much for your feedback. In the origin `functions-state.md`
file, there are two paragraphs related to the `state storage`, and the rest
is more about APIs. Since I put all available APIs info into develop parts,
so I removed the `functions-state.md` file. If there no more information on
`state storage`, we can add those info in that section.

`functions-api.md` file should be removed from 2.4.1 version since it's not
in the sidebar.

I noticed that you have a PR https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/5531,
I'll review and leave comments in this PR.

Best Regards,
Jennifer

Posted by Brian Candler <b....@pobox.com>.

Posted by Jinfeng Huang <hj...@streamnative.io>.
It's the same case for `state storage`, I've put the information
https://pulsar.apache.org/docs/en/next/functions-develop/#state-storage
If you have any advice on the new structure, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
Jennifer

Posted by Brian Candler <b....@pobox.com>.