Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Terrence [ :: MediaMonks :: ]" <ro...@mediamonks.net> on 2003/04/09 01:59:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Multiple AuthUserFile's

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting my desired configuration to work. I'd
like to have one 'master' password file somewhere and optionally a
per-directory file that adds some other users.

Now I've tried just doing:

AuthUserFile /path/to/dir/file/.htpasswd
AuthUserFile /path/to/master/file/.htpasswd

But that results in the first AuthUserFile being ignored :(

Maybe any of you have an idea how to get this to work? I'm using Apache
1.3.27 on FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE.

Thanks in advance.

Terrence Koeman

MediaMonks B.V. (www.mediamonks.com)
Please quote all replies in correspondence.

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple AuthUserFile's

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Terrence [ :: MediaMonks :: ] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some trouble getting my desired configuration to work. I'd
> like to have one 'master' password file somewhere and optionally a
> per-directory file that adds some other users.

This can't be done with the standard apache auth modules.  One possibility
is to combine two different auth modules and use AuthAuthoritative*
directives to make sure they work together.

Joshua.