Posted to users@maven.apache.org by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/27 00:44:55 UTC

Maven with Perforce

Hi all,

I recently started using Maven but still a novice.

Is there a way to make Maven do the following tasks:

1a) recognize a developer's checkin in Perforce and get the name of the
related changelist.
1b) compile the codebase files of the above changelist.
1c) create a new folder in the file system; copy certain files from the file
system into that folder; checkin that folder in a specific location in
Perforce.

Also is it easy to the above tasks with Ant or Maven.

Thanks in advance for all your valuable input.

Re: Maven with Perforce

Posted by Patrick Schneider <ps...@gmail.com>.
I don't believe right now you can grab the name of the changelist through
Maven.  It sounds like you are wanting to build the project, and commit the
result of that build to your source repository using the name of the
changelist as the depot location.

If this is the case, I have to ask -- why?  You can sync to a Perforce
changelist and re-build from that point at any time you want...  why commit
the output of the build to your depot?

Re: Maven with Perforce

Posted by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com>.
Hi