Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Thomas Koch <th...@koch.ro> on 2010/04/14 16:58:56 UTC

pseudo document ids in my own indexreader/writer

Hi,

there are currently two projects, porting lucandra to HBase:
http://github.com/akkumar/hbasene
http://github.com/thkoch2001/lucehbase

hbasene stores a unique integer with each stored document, while lucehbase
directly stores the user's primary key in the termVector table. Every
lucehbase indexreader creates an internal map of integers to primary keys in
ram.
This means with lucehbase lucene will see new document ids with every new
indexreader, while the document ids remain constant with hbasene.

Do you see any problems with the approach of lucehbase? I found the following
discussions, which seems to proof my point, that there isn't any problem:

http://www.mail-archive.com/java-user@lucene.apache.org/msg01665.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/java-user@lucene.apache.org/msg12172.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00298.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg06165.html