Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Senthilvel Rangaswamy <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/18 23:21:24 UTC

Recovery process and tools

Hello,

We are using MySQL as the meta datastore. Let's say the db crashed hard and
we lost all data. What is
the process to rebuild the meta-data assuming the data on hdfs is intact.
Are there tools available to do
this ?

--
..Senthil

"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
 caught and shot now."
                                                    - Douglas Adams.

Re: Recovery process and tools

Posted by Senthilvel Rangaswamy <se...@gmail.com>.
Edward,

Period mysql dumps is ok. But how do I sync the changes on data after the
latest
mysql dump.

--
..Senthil