Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lance Semmens <la...@swebtec.com> on 2006/01/20 11:37:03 UTC

WSDD: OperationDesc for Registration was not synchronized

Hi, I'm trying to specify a return name for a service using the
<operation> tag in a wsdd but I am getting the following error:

Exception - org.apache.axis.InternalException: java.lang.Exception: The
OperationDesc for Registration was not synchronized to a method of
com.swebtec.swebcms.service.research.DummyResearchService.

I'm sure that I've specified my <operation> incorrectly but I can't seem
to find much documentation on the usage for <operation>. I've tried to
copy from some of the examples but can't seem to get it right.

WSDD
--------------------------------
<deployment
  xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
 <service name="DummyResearchService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="className"
value="com.swebtec.swebcms.service.research.DummyResearchService" />
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="Registration Query" />
  <operation
   name="Registration"
   qname="ns:Registration"
   returnQName="ns:RegistrationResult"
   returnType="xsd:string"
   xmlns:ns="http://localhost-axis/services/DummyResearchService"
  />
 </service>
</deployment>

---------------------------------
WSDL (Generated by deploying using the WSDD above WITHOUT the
<operation> tag)
---------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="http://localhost-axis/services/DummyResearchService"
xmlns:impl="http://localhost-axis/services/DummyResearchService"
xmlns:intf="http://localhost-axis/services/DummyResearchService"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
<!--WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.3
Built on Oct 05, 2005 (05:23:37 EDT)-->
   <wsdl:message name="QueryResponse">
      <wsdl:part name="QueryReturn" type="soapenc:string"/>
   </wsdl:message>
   <wsdl:message name="RegistrationRequest">
      <wsdl:part name="registrationXml" type="soapenc:string"/>
   </wsdl:message>
   <wsdl:message name="QueryRequest">
      <wsdl:part name="queryXml" type="soapenc:string"/>
   </wsdl:message>
   <wsdl:message name="RegistrationResponse">
      <wsdl:part name="RegistrationReturn" type="soapenc:string"/>
   </wsdl:message>
   <wsdl:portType name="DummyResearchService">
      <wsdl:operation name="Registration"
parameterOrder="registrationXml">
         <wsdl:input name="RegistrationRequest"
message="impl:RegistrationRequest"/>
         <wsdl:output name="RegistrationResponse"
message="impl:RegistrationResponse"/>
      </wsdl:operation>
      <wsdl:operation name="Query" parameterOrder="queryXml">
         <wsdl:input name="QueryRequest" message="impl:QueryRequest"/>
         <wsdl:output name="QueryResponse"
message="impl:QueryResponse"/>
      </wsdl:operation>
   </wsdl:portType>
   <wsdl:binding name="DummyResearchServiceSoapBinding"
type="impl:DummyResearchService">
      <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
      <wsdl:operation name="Registration">
         <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
         <wsdl:input name="RegistrationRequest">
            <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="http://research.service.swebcms.swebtec.com"/>
         </wsdl:input>
         <wsdl:output name="RegistrationResponse">
            <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="http://localhost-axis/services/DummyResearchService"/>
         </wsdl:output>
      </wsdl:operation>
      <wsdl:operation name="Query">
         <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
         <wsdl:input name="QueryRequest">
            <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="http://research.service.swebcms.swebtec.com"/>
         </wsdl:input>
         <wsdl:output name="QueryResponse">
            <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="http://localhost-axis/services/DummyResearchService"/>
         </wsdl:output>
      </wsdl:operation>
   </wsdl:binding>
   <wsdl:service name="DummyResearchServiceService">
      <wsdl:port name="DummyResearchService"
binding="impl:DummyResearchServiceSoapBinding">
         <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost-axis/services/DummyResearchService"/>
      </wsdl:port>
   </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

Re: WSDD: OperationDesc for Registration was not synchronized

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
The "name" attribute must refer to the method name in your class.

Anne