Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ben-permeance <be...@permeance.com.au> on 2008/01/18 07:28:00 UTC

Shipping Estimate by Post Code (AUSTRALIA POST)

Hello.
I am working on an OFBiz project in Australia. I have worked out how to use
the Shipping Estimator and have had success using the Shipping Estimator by
GEO_ID(STATES). However, I would like to be able to have the Shipping
Estimator calculate the Geographic Zone by Post Code, not by GEO_ID..

Any thoughts?

Re: Shipping Estimate by Post Code (AUSTRALIA POST)

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
You could treat these postal zones as Geo records as well (geographic
boundaries). Once that is done you'll have to setup a Geo hierarchy
with GeoAssoc records, and then modify some code in the shipping calc
to expand geo lists based on this hierarchy and do the appropriate
calculations.

We do something very similar to this in the Tax Authority rate calc
service, so you can look at that to see how the Geo/GeoAssoc data
model is meant to work.

-David