Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2019/03/11 10:47:47 UTC

[VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Hi all,

After a discussion amongst the Apache NetBeans community on the dev mailing
list[1], voting on a PMC chair[2], checking the podling status page[3], and
working through the maturity model[4], I would like to call a vote for
Apache NetBeans graduating to a top level project.

Apache NetBeans entered the incubator on October 1, 2016. Since then, we
have announced 2 releases, nominated several new committers, participated
in conferences and events, have 99 contributors with 2,423 commits, and --
most importantly -- have grown and diversified our community. Apache
NetBeans is a healthy project that is already acting like an Apache top
level project, so we should take the next step.

If we agree that we should graduate to a top level project, the next step
will be to draft a Resolution for the PPMC and IPMC to vote upon.

Please take a minute to vote on whether or not Apache NetBeans should
graduate to a Top Level Project by responding with one of the following:

[ ] +1 Apache NetBeans should graduate.
[ ] +0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Apache NetBeans should not graduate (please provide the reason)

The VOTE is open for a minimum of 72 hours. Per Apache guidelines[5] I will
also be notifying the incubator mailing list that a community vote is under
way.

Thanks,

Geertjan
on behalf of the Apache NetBeans PPMC

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8724c66eb22c1ceea81160968cb5ae68fdc2180f46fbbfaab16b4ce9@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0ecae84ac6e4a097a34ce7b2afe0e987e403fe32269fb3903895bbc@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
[3] https://whimsy.apache.org/pods/project/netbeans
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+NetBeans
[5]
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community_graduation_vote

Re: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Tushar Joshi <tu...@apache.org>.
+1

with regards
Tushar

Tushar Joshi

Re: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
 +1 (IPMC binding)

LieGrue,strub
    On Monday, 11 March 2019, 17:13:31 CET, David Heffelfinger <dh...@gmail.com> wrote:

 +1

--
http://ensode.net - A Guide to Java, Linux and Other Technology Topics

My Books: http://www.packtpub.com/authors/profiles/david-heffelfinger

My Video Training:
http://www.packtpub.com/java-ee-development-with-netbeans-7/video

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ensode

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019, 6:48 AM Geertjan Wielenga

Posted by David Heffelfinger <dh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by huang kai <ib...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@apache.org>.
+1

--emi

Posted by Thilina Ranathunga <r....@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019, 4:18 PM Geertjan Wielenga

Posted by Gail Anderson <ga...@asgteach.com>.
+1

Posted by Kai Uwe Pel <ka...@asia.com>.
+1

Kai

On 3/11/2019 11:47 AM, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After a discussion amongst the Apache NetBeans community on the dev mailing
> list[1], voting on a PMC chair[2], checking the podling status page[3], and
> working through the maturity model[4], I would like to call a vote for
> Apache NetBeans graduating to a top level project.
>
> Apache NetBeans entered the incubator on October 1, 2016. Since then, we
> have announced 2 releases, nominated several new committers, participated
> in conferences and events, have 99 contributors with 2,423 commits, and --
> most importantly -- have grown and diversified our community. Apache
> NetBeans is a healthy project that is already acting like an Apache top
> level project, so we should take the next step.
>
> If we agree that we should graduate to a top level project, the next step
> will be to draft a Resolution for the PPMC and IPMC to vote upon.
>
> Please take a minute to vote on whether or not Apache NetBeans should
> graduate to a Top Level Project by responding with one of the following:
>
> [ ] +1 Apache NetBeans should graduate.
> [ ] +0 No opinion
> [ ] -1 Apache NetBeans should not graduate (please provide the reason)
>
> The VOTE is open for a minimum of 72 hours. Per Apache guidelines[5] I will
> also be notifying the incubator mailing list that a community vote is under
> way.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geertjan
> on behalf of the Apache NetBeans PPMC
>
> [1]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8724c66eb22c1ceea81160968cb5ae68fdc2180f46fbbfaab16b4ce9@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
> [2]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0ecae84ac6e4a097a34ce7b2afe0e987e403fe32269fb3903895bbc@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
> [3] https://whimsy.apache.org/pods/project/netbeans
> [4]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+NetBeans
> [5]
> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community_graduation_vote

Re: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by ld...@gmail.com, ld...@gmail.com.
+1

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
+1, though I would have preferred it if we had a resolution already.

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
+1

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>.
On 3/11/19 5:47 AM, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> Please take a minute to vote on whether or not Apache NetBeans should
> graduate to a Top Level Project

+1

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Michael Nascimento <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Michael

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 7:48 AM Geertjan Wielenga

Posted by Timon Veenstra <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1

AW: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
+1

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by John Brock <pe...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 3:48 AM Geertjan Wielenga

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Thanks all, the vote is now closed.

Gj

Posted by Kodewerk <ki...@kodewerk.com>.
+1

Posted by James Gosling <ja...@norquay.com>.
+1

Posted by Eduardo Quintanilla <eq...@bnext.mx>.
+1

Eduardo Quintanilla
Software Developer
Block Networks

Posted by Jens Hofschröer <em...@nigjo.de>.
+1

Am 12.03.2019 um 16:44 schrieb Michal Hlaváč:
> +1
>
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM Geertjan Wielenga
> <ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After a discussion amongst the Apache NetBeans community on the dev mailing
>> list[1], voting on a PMC chair[2], checking the podling status page[3], and
>> working through the maturity model[4], I would like to call a vote for
>> Apache NetBeans graduating to a top level project.
>>
>> Apache NetBeans entered the incubator on October 1, 2016. Since then, we
>> have announced 2 releases, nominated several new committers, participated
>> in conferences and events, have 99 contributors with 2,423 commits, and --
>> most importantly -- have grown and diversified our community. Apache
>> NetBeans is a healthy project that is already acting like an Apache top
>> level project, so we should take the next step.
>>
>> If we agree that we should graduate to a top level project, the next step
>> will be to draft a Resolution for the PPMC and IPMC to vote upon.
>>
>> Please take a minute to vote on whether or not Apache NetBeans should
>> graduate to a Top Level Project by responding with one of the following:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Apache NetBeans should graduate.
>> [ ] +0 No opinion
>> [ ] -1 Apache NetBeans should not graduate (please provide the reason)
>>
>> The VOTE is open for a minimum of 72 hours. Per Apache guidelines[5] I will
>> also be notifying the incubator mailing list that a community vote is under
>> way.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Geertjan
>> on behalf of the Apache NetBeans PPMC
>>
>> [1]
>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8724c66eb22c1ceea81160968cb5ae68fdc2180f46fbbfaab16b4ce9@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
>> [2]
>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0ecae84ac6e4a097a34ce7b2afe0e987e403fe32269fb3903895bbc@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
>> [3] https://whimsy.apache.org/pods/project/netbeans
>> [4]
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+NetBeans
>> [5]
>> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community_graduation_vote

http://blog.nigjo.de/netbeans
threema://add?id=3Y279Z3U

Re: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Michal Hlaváč <mi...@hlavki.eu>.
+1

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 4:00 PM Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>... -- for anyone surprised at this intervention, this is in response to the
> PPMC voting on new committers at the moment, which is a process that takes
> place on the @private mailing list...

And it's about one specific vote - again as Geertjan says details are
available to PPMC members in the archives of the private@ list.

As an incubation mentor let me restate that I don't see a general
problem and trust NetBeans to graduate to a nicely governed Apache
project.

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
I think no one reading this will understand what Jim is referring to here

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Michael Müller <mi...@mueller-bruehl.de>.
+1

Herzliche Grüße
Michael Müller

@muellermi
blog.mueller-bruehl.de

Read my books
Practical JSF in Java EE 8 (apress)
Java Lambdas and Parallel Streams (apress)
Beginning Java (leanpub.com/BeginningJava)
Visitors (leanpub.com/visitors)

Posted by Mario Schroeder <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
+1

Regards
Eric

Posted by Ralph Benjamin Ruijs <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> ...Please take a minute to vote on whether or not Apache NetBeans should
> graduate to a Top Level Project...

Enthusiastic +1 with my mentor hat on, I think this podling has done a
great job and is ready to graduate!

-Bertrand

AW: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by to...@eppleton.de.
+1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1!

Great job by the whole of the NetBeans community, really great to see
how good and thoughtful you all adapted to and incorporated the "Apache
Way" mostly on your own with little (need for) help from us mentors.
For a super huge project like this, I think it is amazing how relatively
easy this all went, and you are a great example for an incubation
gone well.

Ate

Posted by Gilberto <gi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gaurav Gupta <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Sarvesh Kesharwani <sa...@oracle.com>.
+1

- Sarvesh

Posted by Rami Swailem <ra...@googlemail.com>.
+1

greetz

Posted by Kai Uwe Pel <ka...@asia.com>.
+1

Posted by Vikas Prabhakar <vi...@oracle.com>.
+1

Regards

Vikas

Posted by Arunava Sinha <ar...@oracle.com>.
+1

--Arunava Sinha

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Boris Heithecker <bo...@gmx.net>.
+1

Am Mo., 11. März 2019 um 21:32 Uhr schrieb Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>:

> +1
>
> -- Eirik

Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30
28870 Ottersberg
Festnetz: +49 4205 315834
Mobil: +49 170 6137015

RE: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>.
+1

-- Eirik

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
+1!

Jan

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sven

Posted by Martin Klähn <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Martin

Posted by Ludovic HOCHET <lh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Damian Carey <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 at 21:48, Geertjan Wielenga

Posted by constantin drabo <dr...@hotmail.com>.
+1

?? La Terre est le berceau de l'humanit??, mais on ne passe pas sa vie enti??re dans un berceau. ??
- Constantin????E. Tsiolkovski , p??re de l'astronautique?? et de l'a??rospatiale modernes.
________________________________

Posted by David Green <dg...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 5:48 AM Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After a discussion amongst the Apache NetBeans community on the dev mailing
> list[1], voting on a PMC chair[2], checking the podling status page[3], and
> working through the maturity model[4], I would like to call a vote for
> Apache NetBeans graduating to a top level project.
>
> Apache NetBeans entered the incubator on October 1, 2016. Since then, we
> have announced 2 releases, nominated several new committers, participated
> in conferences and events, have 99 contributors with 2,423 commits, and --
> most importantly -- have grown and diversified our community. Apache
> NetBeans is a healthy project that is already acting like an Apache top
> level project, so we should take the next step.
>
> If we agree that we should graduate to a top level project, the next step
> will be to draft a Resolution for the PPMC and IPMC to vote upon.
>
> Please take a minute to vote on whether or not Apache NetBeans should
> graduate to a Top Level Project by responding with one of the following:
>
> [ ] +1 Apache NetBeans should graduate.
> [ ] +0 No opinion
> [ ] -1 Apache NetBeans should not graduate (please provide the reason)
>
> The VOTE is open for a minimum of 72 hours. Per Apache guidelines[5] I will
> also be notifying the incubator mailing list that a community vote is under
> way.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geertjan
> on behalf of the Apache NetBeans PPMC
>
> [1]
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8724c66eb22c1ceea81160968cb5ae68fdc2180f46fbbfaab16b4ce9@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
> [2]
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e0ecae84ac6e4a097a34ce7b2afe0e987e403fe32269fb3903895bbc@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
> [3] https://whimsy.apache.org/pods/project/netbeans
> [4]
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+NetBeans
> [5]
>
> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community_graduation_vote

--
Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Fwd: [VOTE] Apache NetBeans graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
As stated in the Apache guidelines[1], I am being wise and am notifying the
incubator general list that the community vote for graduating Apache
NetBeans has started by FWD-ing the [VOTE] e-mail to the general list.

Thanks,

Gj

[1]

Posted by Antonio Vieiro <an...@vieiro.net>.
+1

Congratulations, everybody!!

Posted by Junichi Yamamoto <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Junichi

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 7:48 PM Geertjan Wielenga

Posted by ehsavoie <em...@gmail.com>.
+1
Emmanuel Hugonnet
http://www.ehsavoie.com
http://twitter.com/ehsavoie

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.

Posted by César García <ce...@gmail.com>.
1+

Enviado mediante Bandeja de entrada de BlackBerry Hub+ para Android