Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marcel Schepers <ma...@libereco.biz> on 2004/07/23 14:17:25 UTC

xsi namespace

Hello,

When communicating with a published web service, I'll get the following
error message:

AxisFault
 faultCode: Server.InternalFailure
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: Can not parse MonsterHeader, error=org.xml.sax.SAXException: The namespace associated with the prefix &apos;xsi&apos; could not be resolved.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: AxisFault
 faultCode: Server.InternalFailure
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: Can not parse MonsterHeader, error=org.xml.sax.SAXException: The namespace associated with the prefix &amp;apos;xsi&amp;apos; could not be resolved.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

Can not parse MonsterHeader, error=org.xml.sax.SAXException: The namespace associated with the prefix 'xsi' could not be resolved.
(remainer deleted)

To me this message says that the server has a problem parsing the sent
SOAP message. Am I correct on this?

The Java client code was generated using Axis's WSDL2Java tool. Now I
would like to know how to tackle this problem knowing that I do not have
any say about the serverside deployment.

I've searched the mailing list and found various messages suggesting to
alter the 'client-config.wsdd' file so that it includes

<globalConfiguration>
	<!-- Attempt to send correct namespaces for string arrays. -->
	<parameter name="sendXsiTypes" value="false" />
</globalConfiguration>

However, this change does not have any effect on the generated error
message. Note, I've checked that the configuration file was read on the
client-side.

Any hints, tips or suggestions?

Thank you for your time,
Marcel