Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Kelly Wiles <rk...@verizon.net> on 2009/02/14 15:32:55 UTC

New version of ProtoTiger 0.0.4

Hello

I have placed a new version of ProtoTiger 0.0.4 on my web site at

http://www.tabbyinstall.com/prototiger/ProtoTiger.html

This is an Eclipse plugin that generates source code to be used by the
ProtocolCodecFilter. The plugin allows you to graphically build packets
and generates client and server code.

Please read the new documentation at

http://www.tabbyinstall.com/prototiger/ProtoTigerHelp.html

This version generates working code and a lot of bug fixes.

Currently if you regenerate the generated code you will lose any changes
you have made to the generated source, I am trying to figure out a way
to avoid this.  If you have a suggestion please send me an email.

More work still needs to be done but it's getting their.

Please give it a try and let me know about bugs, enchantments or commits
you may have.  You can email me at (rkwiles at verizon dot net).

Thanks
Kelly Wiles

--
Schedule A Meeting
Meeting Management Software

Tabby Install and Tabby Editor for Eclipse
Create application install programs easily.
http://www.tabbyinstall.com/

Jar Compiler an Eclipse Plugin
Compile Java Jar files into a native executable.
http://www.tabbyinstall.com/jarc/JarCompiler.html

ISO Builder an Eclipse Plugin
Create CDROM ISO images.
http://www.tabbyinstall.com/isobuilder/ISOBuilder.html

Re: New version of ProtoTiger 0.0.4

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Kelly Wiles <rk...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> No one has any comments on this plugin or have I not given people enough
> time?

Waiting for more time should be good option :-)

Posted by Kelly Wiles <rk...@verizon.net>.

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Kelly Wiles wrote:
>> Hi
> hi !
>>
>> No one has any comments on this plugin or have I not given people
>> enough time?
>>
>> If you feel that no one will use this then please tell so, my
>> feelings will not be hurt.
>> Or if you can not get it to install which has been a problem with
>> some, send me an email and we can work on it.
>
> Frankly, I *wish* I have time, but I don't :/ I'm totally
> overloaded... I think that it's the same story for others. My personal
> analysis of this situation, which is not specific to MINA, is that
> everybody is trying to focus on paid job while the current crisis is
> at its top. Even the number of commits has dropped since last august
> on The ASF : http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search.
>

>> Over 300 people have downloaded it so far.
> I think it's a good start.
>
> There is only one thing I can tell you : be patient, and keep going,
> inform us through the mailing list until we find a bit of spare time.
>
> FYI, there is another contribution we have to study : a Google
> Protocol Codec implementation. For the very same reason - lack of time
> - it's still stuck into the mailing list :/
Sorry did not know that project existed, guess I am in my own little world.
I am always a day late and a dollar short.
Looks like a nice program from what I have read so far.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Kelly Wiles wrote:
> Hi
hi !

> No one has any comments on this plugin or have I not given people
> enough time?
>
> If you feel that no one will use this then please tell so, my feelings
> will not be hurt.
> Or if you can not get it to install which has been a problem with
> some, send me an email and we can work on it.

Frankly, I *wish* I have time, but I don't :/ I'm totally overloaded...
I think that it's the same story for others. My personal analysis of
this situation, which is not specific to MINA, is that everybody is
trying to focus on paid job while the current crisis is at its top. Even
the number of commits has dropped since last august on The ASF :
http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search.

> Over 300 people have downloaded it so far.
I think it's a good start.

There is only one thing I can tell you : be patient, and keep going,
inform us through the mailing list until we find a bit of spare time.

FYI, there is another contribution we have to study : a Google Protocol
Codec implementation. For the very same reason - lack of time - it's
still stuck into the mailing list :/

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny