Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Neil.Axtell" <Ne...@eu.anritsu.com> on 2002/07/12 15:01:26 UTC

Form Bean ClassNotFound exception in JBuilder6

Greetings Oh Wise ones.

I'm trying to set-up a completely new development using JSP, Struts (v1.02)
& JBuilder6. I've managed to build a Struts JSP page OK (Struts form
actually) and configure web.xml & struts-config.xml correctly (the page
displayed OK until I attempted to add the Form Bean). I've created a new
Form Bean and associated it with the Action class. All the classes compile
OK.

The problem is, that when I attempt to run the project using JBuilder's
internal version of Tomcat (v4.0) I get the following Java exception when I
attempt to open my simple page (i.e.
http://localhost:8480/Expresso/ResultArchiveAdmin.jsp) :-

javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception creating bean of class
com.anritsu.eu.Expresso.ResultArchiveAdminFormBean:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.anritsu.eu.Expresso.ResultArchiveAdminFormBean
	at
l.java:457)
	at
org.apache.jsp.ResultArchiveAdmin$jsp._jspService(ResultArchiveAdmin$jsp.jav
a:565)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:202)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
	at
FilterChain.java:247)
	at
ain.java:193)
	at
va:243)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
va:201)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
46)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
:163)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
1011)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1106
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Obviously I'm not telling something (Tomcat, Jasper??) where it can find
this Class file. The Class has complied OK and I've confirmed that a copy of
the Class file is in the "com" hierarchy under /WEB-INF/classes AND that
I've spelt the classname correctly in struts-config.xml :-

  <form-beans>
    <form-bean      name="ResultArchiveAdminForm"

type="com.anritsu.eu.Expresso.ResultArchiveAdminFormBean"/>
  </form-beans>

  <action-mappings>
    <action    path="/AddArchive"
               type="com.anritsu.eu.Expresso.ActAddResultArchive"
               name="ResultArchiveAdminForm"
              scope="request"
           validate="true"
              input="/ResultArchiveAdmin.jsp">
      <forward name="failure" path="/RAError.jsp"/>
      <forward name="success" path="/ResultArchiveAdmin.jsp"/>
    </action>

I've tried adding the path "/WEB-INF/Classes" as a distinct Project Library
(Tools|Configure Libraries) but to no avail.

Has anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong. It was all going so well up until
this point!!

Many thanks!

Neil.

Neil Axtell
Web Technologist
ANRITSU LIMITED
European Measurement Division - Engineering
200 Capability Green
Luton, UK
Tel:  +44 (0) 1582 433347
Fax: +44 (0) 1582 433276
E-Mail: Neil.Axtell@eu.anritsu.com <ma...@eu.anritsu.com>

This email message, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s).  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by email immediately, then delete the
message and any copies.  Any views or opinions presented herein are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Anritsu
group of companies.