Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Mike Ellis <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/10 22:25:41 UTC

Email.

How do i put and email program into open office,so I can email some of the
work that I am writing on

Re: Email.

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 02/10/2016 06:36 PM, Mike Ellis wrote:
> Widows 10
> On Feb 10, 2016 18:07, "James Knott" <ja...@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> On 02/10/2016 04:25 PM, Mike Ellis wrote:
>>> How do i put and email program into open office,so I can email some of
>> the
>>> work that I am writing on
>>>
>> Generally, OpenOffice uses your existing email app.  Many people use
>> Thunderbird.  What operating system are you running?

On Windows, it uses whatever is your default email app.  As I mentioned,
many people use Thunderbird.

Re: Email.

Posted by Mike Ellis <mi...@gmail.com>.
Widows 10

Re: Email.

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Re: Email.

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 02/11/2016 12:03 PM, Julian Thomas wrote:
> On my mac, it offers the option to send the document as a pdf.  Slick!

On Linux & Windows too.

Re: Email.

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Feb 10, 2016, at 23:38, James Plante <ji...@me.com> wrote:
>
> You’re good to go. Now when you choose File->Send->Document as E-mail, OOo will call your mail client, attach your document, and stand ready for you to send it. But please note that you should, before choosing to send the document, you should save it in whatever format you want to send it. If you don’t, it sends a document in OpenOffice format, which may not be what you want to send. Additionally, without the save, the document is named “noname.odt” which may not be what you want either.

On my mac, it offers the option to send the document as a pdf.  Slick!

 —
jt - jt@jt-mj.net

An aquarium is just interactive television for cats.

Re: Email.

Posted by James Plante <ji...@me.com>.
Go to OpenOffice -> Preferences; navigate all the way to the bottom of the list where it says “Internet.” Click the disclosure triangle next to Internet. Select E-mail.

In the dialog that appears, click in the “. . .” button and navigate to your e-mail client, whether it be Apple’s Mail.app, or Thunderbird, or Outlook. Select it.

You’re good to go. Now when you choose File->Send->Document as E-mail, OOo will call your mail client, attach your document, and stand ready for you to send it. But please note that you should, before choosing to send the document, you should save it in whatever format you want to send it. If you don’t, it sends a document in OpenOffice format, which may not be what you want to send. Additionally, without the save, the document is named “noname.odt” which may not be what you want either.

Jim

Re: Email.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.