Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Brian O'Neill <bo...@alumni.brown.edu> on 2012/01/20 22:51:34 UTC

Triggers?

I just posted to the user list, but figured I would post here as well.

We had a big session today designing application-level triggers using a new
column family as a distributed commit log.
When I got back to my desk, I re-googled Cassandra triggers, and re-read:

We had planned to implement something similar to the "crack smoking"
concept...
Keeping a separate column family that logged the mutation, which a trigger
could then act on and write-back upon success.

Conceptually, this doesn't seem too difficult to implement.  Is anyone
working on this already?
If not, is it worth working it and contributing as a patch?
Or should we just keep it to our app layer?

-brian

--
Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (http://healthmarketscience.com)