Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dilip <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/08 19:16:20 UTC

How to build Project which uses specific version of jar not existing in Maven Repo

I'm currently using maven for building the existing ant project.
I have some of the jar files like itext5.jar, aspectrttools jars for which
there are no specific version of the  jar (eg: itext5.0 jar file) exists in
the maven repository.
Is there any way to build the project using maven if there is no specific
version not jar not existing in the maven repository?

Thanks in advance,
Dilip

Re: How to build Project which uses specific version of jar not existing in Maven Repo

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
  On 08/08/2010 4:49 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Dilip<je...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Is there any way to build the project using maven if there is no specific
>> version not jar not existing in the maven repository?
> Until you get that repository manager up and running, you can use "mvn
> install:install-file ... " to put the jar into your local repo.

Unfortunately you need to do this on each developer's machine.
There are a lot benefits to running a Nexus or other repository of your
own. It has a hugely positive effect on your use of Maven and moves you
a long way down the path to applying "best practices" in Maven development.

Ron

Re: How to build Project which uses specific version of jar not existing in Maven Repo

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: How to build Project which uses specific version of jar not existing in Maven Repo

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
  On 08/08/2010 1:16 PM, Dilip wrote:
> I'm currently using maven for building the existing ant project.
> I have some of the jar files like itext5.jar, aspectrttools jars for which
> there are no specific version of the  jar (eg: itext5.0 jar file) exists in
> the maven repository.
> Is there any way to build the project using maven if there is no specific
> version not jar not existing in the maven repository?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dilip

Yes.
You install your own repository - Nexus, for example, and upload the
artifacts manually into it.
This is a common problem since some projects have licenses that prevent
it being put into public repositories.

One of the many reasons to have your own repostory if you are going to
use Maven.

Ron